Phase One announced today a new 100 Megapixel camera designed using a Sony sensor. For a cool $48,999 you get:
- 100 Megapixel, full-frame, medium format CMOS sensor
- Phase One image processor optimized for high dynamic color rendition
- 16 Bit “analogue” feel (interesting claim)
- 15 Stops of Dynamic Range
- 60 Minute Exposure Times
- Precision Lens Lineup designed with Scheider Kreuznach
- Electronic First Curtain Shutter (acts similar to mirror lockup to reduce vibration
The XF 100 also features a live view monitor with touch integration. Focusing is manual with the lens, but you can double-tap the screen to zoom in 100% as a focusing aid. The camera is capable of shooting 30 frames per second and also features output via WiFi, USB and HDMI.
Sample images including downloadable TIFF files are available on the product page.